[OZAPRS] D-PRS Updates -How?

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Thu Oct 23 13:43:04 EST 2008

Hi David,

Here are the settings required for DPRS.

DPRS Settings

D-Star Position Reporting System's currently recommended settings are as
follows:

-         Only use automatic beaconing on port C

-         Set your automatic beacon for;

*         10 minutes for mobile stations.

*         30 minutes for base stations

*         Off when station is not attended.

-         Use an Icon that reflects the true operation of your station.

IC 92 Radio setting for DPRS;

-         CALL SIGN Menu:

-         YOUR to CQCQCQ

-         RPT1 to [your local import repeater port]

-         RPT2 to [your local gateway]

-         DV GPS Menu:

-         GPS SENTENCE / RMC - ON & GGA - ON

-         GPS TX / GPS-A

-         GPS AUTO TX / 30MIN

-         GPS-A Menu:

-         UNPROTO / API92A,DSTAR*

-         GPS-A SYMBOL / ( this should normally be set to a Car or Jeep )

-         To set your symbol to a House in GPS-A SYMBOL select Other: an
place "/-" (without the quotes) in the two character places provided.

Place VK4RGC C in RPT1 & VK4RGC G in RPT2.

This will work for the HM-175GPS Mic. You may have to change the input
parameters (baud rate etc) for a non-Icom GPS.

An estimated coverage map for VK4RGC as well as other D-Star& DPRS
information is available at http://www.dstar.org.au/

Cheers

Richard

VK3JFK