[OZAPRS] D-PRS Updates -How?

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Thu Oct 23 08:21:47 EST 2008

Hi all,

I'm very new to D-STAR and hoping that there is someone here that can help me
with DPRS position fixes. I've got the APRS side of thing sorted out, but I'd
like to get the new toy working too :-)

I have an IC-92AD and the data lead. I've connected a Garmin GPS to it and I
can see position reports on the screen so I know that the data connections are
good. I've tried GPS and GPS-A modes, with GPS-A unproto path set to
API92A,DSTAR* (factory setting) as recommended at
http://www.aprs-is.net/DPRSInterface.aspx

I've had conversations on the Gold Coast repeater, but no fix information
comes up for me on jFindu. Position info is available for VK4TUX so I know
that VK4RGC can get the info out there.

Do you need to be registered with the D-STAR gateway for position info to be
gated to the internet? I have applied, but not yet been confirmed, for a
gateway account on the repeater (to play with the interesting linking stuff).

Any help appreciated - I'm hoping that it is something really simple. If
anyone with DPRS in the Brisbane Metro area wants to test out receiving
position info simplex, please let me know. I have coverage from Springbrook to
Mt Mee at least from here and west to Toowoomba.

Thanks,
	David.
--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)
To avoid spam trap, send email to dave at ingramtech dot com