[OZAPRS] Re: Setting Up A WX APRS Station

Grant (VK5GR) vk5gr at bigpond.com
Sun Oct 19 10:11:43 EST 2008

I have used the WS-2310 also - coupled with UI-Weather and UI-View
in a PC environment. The heavyweather to UI-Weather software link has
acted up at times but generally it runs fine (when I remember to reboot
the PC after a power failure properly :-))

See VK5GR-1 currently for the result.

The WS-2310 I would have to say doesnt have that fine a wind direction
recorder also - it looks like it can only report on 32 points on the
compass. I think there are others around who can do better. I have also
had problems with the rain guage failing (mine is still down - I think
the UV got to the cable out to the sensor).

Regards,
Grant VK5GR (ex ZWI)