[OZAPRS] Re: NOKALL

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 15 22:05:14 EST 2008

Hmm .. It still begs the question. If you are going to pirate on APRS
wouldnt you choose a callsign that didnt look too conspicious and try and
blend in ? Using NOKALL it just advertising something in a conspicious
fashion and then putting your posit on it as well..
The fellow has allready been accused of either lacking intelligence or being
unable to speak depending on your understanding and usage of the word DUMB .

Is there yet still a logical explanation for this? Is there a TNC , Traker
or Radio that defaults to NOKALL instead of the usual NOCALL we are
accustomed to. Perhaps its new on the market. Maybee a KAM or something.
There are lots of different breeds of trackers appearing as well as small uP
based TNCs now.

It will be interesting to see if he reappears on the map but perhaps if hes
been budlisted worldwide then he will be hard to track now. Perhaps he is
watching and is a member of this group and realised his error. If he is a
legitimate fellow Amateur hes probably too embarresed to say anything now or
if he is a pirate then by now he reaslises he is sprung and will attempt a
more covert approach in future if he hasnt learned anything.

The key to this is now for the locals to make notes of his last know track
and posits and then watch this area on your maps like a hawk. Nice and
discreetly. Just keep watching.
I suspect in time you will find your answer.

Tony  Hunt VK5AH