[OZAPRS] Re: NOKALL - Alias question

ki4sil at arrl.net ki4sil at arrl.net
Wed Oct 15 12:12:42 EST 2008

Hi,

As an irregular user of the APRS system could someone give me a brief
explanation as to the ID requirements when using aliasing?

Can you simply put your callsign in the status text and send a status
packet at least once every ten minutes while using an alias or perhaps
a foreign callsign? Or if aliasing in this manner, must you send the
status text containing your callsign with every packet?

I thought the former would suffice, however, now I'm not so sure and
think the latter is actually the appropriate method of ID.

Thank you in advance.

Nick