[OZAPRS] linux

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Thu May 8 17:59:21 EST 2008

Hmmm, I just have to...

On 08/05/2008, at 10:23 AM, Ben Lindner wrote:

> If someone such as myself wanted to put Linux on a computer, which
> one would be best suited for ham radio applications and other
> desktop functions. It would also be an advantage to have Windows on
> the same hard
> drive.

Well, obviously it would be a Mac!  I use a MacBook Pro running MacOS
X 10.5.  I run Linux, FreeBSD and Windows XP under Parallels Desktop
(although VMWare Fusion works well too) and they all run very well.

I get the excellent Mac interface but can work in Linux and FreeBSD
when I want, and when I absolutely have to have Windows, it's there too.

Best of all worlds.

And to keep it on topic, I run Xastir under both Mac OS X and FreeBSD
on that machine (I package up Xastir for the FreeBSD ports system).

Carl, vk1kcm.
(Donning flame proof suit)