[OZAPRS] Parallel Port PIC programming Help

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 5 07:13:46 EST 2008

Hi,
I am looking for some help with the programming of 16f628a PIC

PC is a Toshiba 2140 CDS laptop running WIN2000 Pro

I have a FoxDelta PIC Parallel programmer pre assembled
http://products.foxdelta.com/icp.htm#icp

I have tried WINPICPROG V 1.95 beta and Oshonsoft software and have asked
both questions
with no results  the beta version is for the (a version chip )

I have the parallel port driver loaded

I am trying to up grade to aprs tracker code V0 11
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/~pe1icq/projects/aprstacker.shtml

Reason for upgrade is that the FD version has no Altitude showing and I feel
that the smart beaconing rate is to slow for our road speed
and is more suited to EU

I have tried every thing on the above software sites and tried all the
different combinations of settings

I have replaced the 74HC14 chip on the PIC board checked voltages etc

Started with 13.8 Vlts regulated up to 18vlts

How do I tell if the PIC is damaged internally ?

Is there anyone using a Parallel programmer if so what program are you using
etc..

Any Help suggestions appreciated

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE