[OZAPRS] RE. Making Contact

Dave Walmsley dave at hunterlink.net.au
Sat Jul 19 09:46:16 EST 2008

Gerard,

APRS is not common enough that people use it as the first point of contact,
then move on to voice.  Also, since it is pretty much an automated system,
there is nothing to say that anyone is actually monitoring traffic, rather
their computer is just displaying something on the screen which they will
look at some time.

I think you have a better chance of contacts using 2m voice repeaters.

Dave
VK2XPX