[OZAPRS] RE. Making Contact

JandG touringaus at bigpond.com
Sat Jul 19 10:00:09 EST 2008

Dave,

Thanks also for your reply.

Starting to make sense now.

Can I just ask another question:

When my 710 transmits a packet and after a second or two three I see on my
display "My Position" (The actual words) accompanied by a different beep.
Sometimes this happens once and sometimes 2-3 times after each other. Am I
right in saying that that is because I am receiving kind of my packet back
from a digipeater or a few digipeaters?

Also, sometimes I hear the digital audio on 145.175 meaning it must have had
the squelch tone 91.5 on to get though on my set but I do not see any
details on my screen. Is this because the packet was not de-cypherable or
valid?

Kind regards,
Gerard
VK2JNG