[OZAPRS] New wheels - dare I use anything that transmits?

JandG touringaus at bigpond.com
Tue Aug 26 16:43:02 EST 2008

Hi,

I have just permanently installed my Kenwood TM-D710 into my 1 year old
Mitsubishi Pajero SWB. I have been testing things before installing to
confirm the effect if any of RF getting into the gismos.

My car is the "X" with all options and have not had one issue even when
transmitting on 50W VHF or UHF.

I know your car is a diffent model but it is the same maker.  Test it first
before permanently installing. I left all wires long enough to place the TX
unit anywhere in the car if there had been problems.

I ended up putting the TX unit on the passenger site under the dash thereby
needing very short coax and power wiring.

Hope this helps.

Gerard
VK2JNG