[OZAPRS] New Paradigim

Robert Thirkettle rob.thirkettle at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Sep 25 09:31:23 EST 2007

Hi All We here in Canterbury have fully changed last month to wide1-1,
and wide3-3

The idea behind widee1-1 as it is for mobiles only it allows old TNC's
to still act as relay digi's when they don't support APRS functions it
can be inserted as a callsign in the alias parameter and the next proper
APRS station will still relay the packet or if a APRS digi sees it first
it won't change how the packet is then handled it is an improvement over
the relay wide situation.

I use wide1-1,wid2-2 for my mobile and wide3-3 for my base this seams to
work well.

Regards Rob Thirkettle ZL3RX
Dept  Physics & Astronomy
University of Canterbury