[OZAPRS] Desense to 2m voice repeater from APRS digi ??

geoff at gatwards.org geoff at gatwards.org
Thu Oct 18 12:49:16 EST 2007

We are looking at installing several new digipeates throughout NSW, but we
have had a few little concerns with possible de-sense to co-sited 2m
repeater equipment.

With the current VK3/5/7 (and 4?) digipeater installations, does anyone
have any information regarding the amount (if any) of filtering required
to knock the desense issues out ??    We do have one particular site that
is about as close as we can get to the 2m voice segment, with a repeater
on 146.650, the local Rx frequency is 146.050, only just above our
145.175.  The problem is that although we can get the digipeater itself in
without any issues, space is at a premium and we might not be able to
install the cavities required.

Anyone got any experience in this area ??

Our co-sited digis in Sydney are with 70cm repeaters so this issue didn't
come up :(

Thanks,
Geoff  VK2XJG