[OZAPRS] Proposed new digi(s)

Peter Schrader - VK4TGV vk4tgv at rumpleteazer.net
Wed Oct 3 13:46:49 EST 2007

The idea of many small footprint digi's was to make it more like a celluar
phone system.

There has been some discussion in the US about lower digi antennas, which
by
their nature have less total coverage than, say, a repeater site.

I am not sure how this will work on our situation in SEQ though, and I am
struggling a bit to understand how to stop lots of small footprint digis
echoing the same packets until they reach an I-Gate.  I would appreciate
any
comments from the more knowledgable APRS gurus out there.

BTW, I was considering using the Argent Data, Tracker2 for the digi sites,
any comments on that device?

Regards,
Peter
VK4TGV