[OZAPRS] VK2 Network Update

Shaun Pitcher spitcher at energy.com.au
Sat Nov 3 19:05:11 EST 2007

Tony,

You are correct.  I read over it too fast.  I have set mine to $GPRMC as
unless there is something really wrong the car should be on the road.
While I know the road is not sea level the speed is more important to me
than HASL

Regards,
Shaun Pitcher
spitcher at energy.com.au

"Tony Hunt" <wavetel at internode.on.net>
03/11/2007 06:21 PM
Please respond to
"Tony Hunt" <wavetel at internode.on.net>

<ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
cc
<spitcher at energy.com.au>
Subject
Re: VK2 Network Update

Sorry Geoff and Shaun.. Not quite right as I see it..

> $GPRMC contains position and elevation.
> $GPGGA contains position and speed.

Check out this informative web site.
http://home.pacific.net.au/~gnb/gps/nmea.html

I think you will find GGA contains Altitude and position and RMC has Speed
and position amongst other things.. For APRS I generally use RMC and if
the
devices are capable of more I will also run GGA as well ..

Tony  Hunt VK5AH