[OZAPRS] VK2 Network Update

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat Nov 3 18:21:06 EST 2007

Sorry Geoff and Shaun.. Not quite right as I see it..

> $GPRMC contains position and elevation.
> $GPGGA contains position and speed.

Check out this informative web site.
http://home.pacific.net.au/~gnb/gps/nmea.html

I think you will find GGA contains Altitude and position and RMC has Speed
and position amongst other things.. For APRS I generally use RMC and if
the
devices are capable of more I will also run GGA as well ..

Tony  Hunt VK5AH