[OZAPRS] Xastir File Conversion

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sun Mar 4 21:59:05 EST 2007

There is at present, no support for .ecw files in xastir.

You can however, make use of xastir's ability to reference any image file.

For example, andrew.jpg would have a support file called andrew.geo

andrew.geo contains information such as image size, and co-ordinate
relationships.

Here is an example. (please note you are not just restricted ot files on
your hard drive, you may reference a file on the net.)

URL  http://www.tech-software.net/bne_map2.gif
TIEPOINT 0 0 152.544444 -27.225833
TIEPOINT 1264 897 153.360278 -27.742222

0 0 is the top left of the image, 1264 and 897 are the bottom right
corner.
and of course the lat/lon for each.

The inf2geo.pl script supplied with xastir, does not convert image
formats,
but instead, creates .geo files from UI-VIEW .inf files.

UI-VIEW, uses .inf files in the same manner that xastir use .geo files.

PS - Have you got google earth ? Why not try my google earth aprs
interface
?

Check out my website.

Andrew Rich