[OZAPRS] HF APRS settings + Great map of Tas + NETaprs from Darryl,2TDS

Rodney Mitchell rodney at melecom.com.au
Thu Jun 7 22:42:37 EST 2007

Hi Gang

Finally set up a HF APRS system in the car ready for SA's long weekend.

Looking up the settings via aprs.net.au and found "gate,wide"

however I didn't see my packets digipeated via VHF in Adelaide. Saw them
via the internet servers.

Is that a deliberate happening to limit traffic? From memory 5AH and 5EX
appear on the D700 screen when they have been HFing.

Oh and thanks for the great 10K:1 map of Tassie, magic, used the script
within XASTIR to convert and bingo!

Had a big play with Darryl's NETaprs program to send packets from AGPWE
(or any server) to Oziexplorer. Excellent! Especially with the 50K:1
maps in Ozi...if every HAM interested donated a wee sum it'd terrific to
see Darryl finish it off, well done!

Chees de Rod, VK5KFB