[OZAPRS] New to list

Tim VK2HLT vk2hlt at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jul 23 10:20:12 EST 2007

Gday Shaun, not sure if someone has answered your questions off the lists.

but as far as im aware you cant mobile digi to improve your coverage, you
can have a fixed " mobile" digi to cover a dead spot you may have but it
must be fixed.
As to documents on the web I cant find any in a hurry ! but there are some

very simple ways to get mobile, A Tiny Track is probably the simplest,
this
is where I started. So you will need a Tiny Track, a GPS signal in NMEA (
GPS handheld with a data cable or an engine etc ) and a radio. Do a Google

on Tiny track and you will find plenty of info on them, I think there is
even some common connection diagrams on their website. Im not sure where
abouts you are based but most clubs usually have at least 1 person who at
least dabbles in APRS. If you have any more specific questions you are
more
than welcome to email me direct off the lists,  If you have access to a
computer with a soundcard and a scanner or some other radio that will RX
on
the national frequency it is very simple to set up UIView so that you can
"
see" what is happening out there, or alternatively you connect to a APRS
server and also " see" whats happening ( Via internet )
Cheers Tim VK2HLT
VK2HLT at optusnet.com.au