[OZAPRS] Help with THD7

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 19 00:18:24 EST 2007

> Thanks Bob and Richard for your advise, I'll see if I can
> round up a helper with another D7 or D700 before sending to
Kenwood.

> FYI, I was Txing on the A side and monitoring the B side with
> the balance fully down on A meaning 100% audio on B. I often

Again, if the A and B side are both tuned to the same frequency
then the audio from both receivers is added together for the
speaker and ofent (if not always) there is a phase shift
betweeen the two receivers and there is lots of cancellation
between the two signals.  This leaves little audio and what is
left is distorted..  I have noticed this always on both the D7
and D700.  I am not sure if the balance control is before or
after this phenomenon.  But it is definitely something to
consider.

Thatnks
Bob, WB4APR