[OZAPRS] Help with THD7 (Ian Mills)

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 18 15:06:45 EST 2007

I dont know much about the D7 but has it got a AIP (advanced intercept
point) setting??

This really tends to steal the VHF sensitivity on a D700 . Its Menu 1-3-5
on
a D700 ..Decoding PCSAT is pretty useless with this turned on with a D700
..
If you have it turned ON or setup in a PM then its easy to forget..

Its really easy to tell if its turned OFF , just drive into the CBD ..

Tony Hunt  VK5AH

> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:36:05 +1100
> From: Ian Mills <imills at awa.com.au>
> Subject: [OZAPRS] Help with THD7
> To: ozaprs at aprs.net.au
>
> Greetings all,
>
> I have noticed that my THD7 no longer decodes as many broadcasts,
stations
and messages as it used to. I seem only to have them decoded when I have
line-of-sight with the digi and I get a full strength signal. I really
noticed it when yesterday evening PCSAT went almost overhead (86 degrees)
and I could barely hear packets while monitoring, yet my positions were
uploaded without problems. I receive audio without problems so I think the
APRS receive side may need alignment?

> Does anyone know how to align/tune the APRS receive side of the THD7 or
can anyone recommend a service agent who could do it for me?