[OZAPRS] vk1nfi - vk2mpj Fill-in Digi question

Ian Mills imills at awa.com.au
Sun Dec 23 20:00:03 EST 2007

Peter,

I have the fill-in digi working at my place now VK2HIM-1,  intermittently
though due to the power issues at vk2amw-1

Question for those with more knowledge than myself - as there are quite a
few digi - hops between myself and the igate, it seems any mobile station
that I fill in for don't make it to the internet using the standard
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 .. testing shows a mobile needs to be set to
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-3 to get to the igate

The path taken for a station I fill-in digi for is:

2007-12-23 19:37:17 EST: VK2HIM-7
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2HIM-7> >S4T6Q2,VK2HIM-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2HIM-1> ,VK2MPJ-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2MPJ-1> ,VK2AMW-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2AMW-1> ,VK2RAG-1
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=VK2RAG-1> ,WIDE2*,qAR,VK2XJG-2:'NLwl

>/]

Of course I assume if AMW-1 heard me direct then the WIDE2-2 should get
through.

So the question is, should I be gating to the internet to avoid the need
for the non-standard WIDE2-3 ? Or is there something else I should be
doing?

I have UIVIEW32 digipeater setup as an alias VK2HIM-1,WIDE1-1 only without
the WIDEn-n TRACEn-n options ticked ..

Any help would be appreciated ..

Cheers
Ian vk2him