[OZAPRS] vk1nfi - vk2mpj Fill-in Digi question

vk1nfi at netspace.net.au vk1nfi at netspace.net.au
Mon Dec 24 15:08:34 EST 2007

Ian,

Have a read of vk2.aprs.net.au
in particular http://www.vk2.aprs.net.au/userguide.php

Not trying to have ago at you or anything, and I know we have been talking
about
it now for a few weeks, but we still need to chat with Geoff 2XJG about if
and
how. (Unless you have already spoken with Geoff??)

If not careful enough, it could be counter productive and end up
generating too
much QRM / dupes.

We are also looking at introducing the Pre-Emptive digipeating function,
but
that is later down the track.

Don't change anything yet, once Geoff has a look and we discuss the best
options, we will go from there.

Keep a close eye on the traffic levels, if you see anything that looks
ordinary
wrt paths etc, please turn it off for the time being.

Merry Christmas

Pete VK1NFI / VK2MPJ

Quoting Ian Mills <imills at awa.com.au>:

> Peter,
>
> I have the fill-in digi working at my place now VK2HIM-1,
intermittently
> though due to the power issues at vk2amw-1
>
> Question for those with more knowledge than myself - as there are quite
a few
> digi - hops between myself and the igate, it seems any mobile station
> that I fill in for don't make it to the internet using the standard
> WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 .. testing shows a mobile needs to be set to
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-3