[OZAPRS] VK3 APRS News

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Dec 23 14:13:32 EST 2007

Gday,

Here's what's been happening with VK3 APRS in the past few weeks.

Western VK3.

Yesterday we spent some time at Mt William doing maintenance work on
VK3RPG-2.

We replaced the EPROM with one that contains the 'New Paradigm'. This
means
that VK3RPG-2 will no longer support Relay or Wide.

If you have not already done so, you must CHANGE Your Path to
WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 in order to use APRS.

For UI-View your Unproto Address must be set to APRS,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

For all mobile units set your path to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

See http://vk3.aprs.net.au/packet_path_guide.htm for path information  for
your area.

While on site we also install a SiteAlert unit which will provide data and
alarm information for the digipeater.

If you are interested in being notified of events and  SiteAlert alarms
there is a Yahoo Group you can join.

Subscribe to: SA-Alarms-vk3-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

Thanks to Andy VK3AS for his help and company on a very cold wet and windy
hill top yesterday.

VK3III-1 the Horsham fill-in digipeater will soon be upgraded. The upgrade
will include a new EPROM and support only WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1.

Gippsland data issues.

I have noticed of late that there has been a number of corrupted data
packets coming from the Gippsland area of VK3. To help track the source of
the problem VK3RGI-1 has been temporarily turned off. It will be turned
back
on after we have collected more data on the issue.

Merry Christmas to you. Have a happy and fun time!

Richard

VK3JFK