[OZAPRS] Off topic - perhaps ...

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Fri Dec 21 21:46:13 EST 2007

Terry Neumann wrote:

> Is there a  good reason for this innovation?  It there is one it eludes
> me, but them I'm usually slow to catch on.

Have a look at a standard Chinese/Hong Kong/UK power point -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BS_1363

The earth pin is at the top and plugpacks (I like to call them "wall
warts") are plugged into them in a way we'd consider upside-down.

Bring in economies of scale in mass manufacturing and it becomes cheaper
to just replace the pins at the head of the plugpack for different
international markets rather than redesign the whole thing.

73
Gavin.
--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
     ICQ: 17230395       MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au