[OZAPRS] Propagation time !! Check your digi configs !!

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Dec 23 13:36:02 EST 2007

Hi Tony,

> Apparently they are running WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (which I doubt) on VK2RBY-1
> and
> VK2RO Wx ststion. Question is why Geoff ? Must be that the WX station
and
> the digi are mobile..

I had a look at the config file for VK2RBY and it has a path set to
WIDE2-1,WIDE2-2. I set the beacons to this path a over 9 months ago when
we
were having problems with the digi and needed to get data out to few
IGates.

This problem was fix some time ago however I had forgotten to change the
beacon paths back to the default WIDE2-2. I'll change them back shortly.

VK2RO does not need such a log path to access an IGate these days. I'll
have
a chat with him.

Thanks for bringing the unusual paths to my attention.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK