[OZAPRS] Chinese Mains Plugs

Ian ZL1VFO zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 22 15:35:54 EST 2007

The Chinese have their mains sockets upside-down relative to us
(Aust./NZ) Why, I don't know. I guess our retailers sell chinese
sourced products and the retailer's buyers who have a quick look at
the plug to see if it is the right shape see that it is, but don't
pick up on the fact that it's upside down. Either that, or it cheaper
to buy them that way without having to do a special manufactuering run
with the plugs the right way up...

Irritates me, too.

-Ian ZL1VFO