[OZAPRS] APRS Databusrt

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sat Aug 11 11:14:51 EST 2007

Here is a bit more info on the existing Easy Radio modules

1. They come in TX or RX, or a TXRX
2. 10 mW
3. They come with a program you can talk to the device and send low
carrier,
high carrier for testing.
4. They use 19k2 baud rate that comes from a USART / UART - makes them
ideal
to have off a PIC chip.
5. They take care of the pre-amble, manchester encoding and CRC checking.
6. They have RSSI (Rx sig strength pins)
7. Then have a busy pin - good for collision detection.
8. They run off 5 volts and draw very little power.
9. They have a repeat function - but you would have to manage more than
one
digi setup with ping pong suppression.
A. Data rate on UART side - 2400 to 38400
B. Configurable power output from 1mW up to 10 mW
C. Configurable channel selection
D. They cost around $30 for TX / RX and $60 for TXRX

I have tested this and driven around the block - I got 1.9 km's out of
10mW

http://vk4tec.no-ip.org/data/manuals/ER400TS-02.pdf

Cheers Andrew VK4TEC