[OZAPRS] New to list- use the CAR as DIGIPEATER

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Fri Aug 3 22:13:48 EST 2007

a normal tracker will in most cases NOT act as a DIGIPEATER,
but the DSP-TNC from SCS will be able to act as a normal TRACKER (for VHF
and HF) and can also operate as a DIGIPEATER
(RELAY, WIDE,GATE, WIDEx-x) to enlarge the coverage of a handhelp aprs
station etc...

A DSP-TNC with special firmware can even be used as a simple GATE between
VHF<>HF cross band and cross mode!
e.g. the hand held APRS tracker (Opentracker or TinyTrack) transmits
1200baud on VHF when hiking and the 4WD on the carpark receives the signal
with a Multimode TRX (FT100,FT857,IC706,IC-7000) on VHF and retransmits in
300Baud on 10Mhz in split mode (simple split operation, RX VHF<>TX HF)

I used this method in Namibia: see oe3mzc-15 and oe3mzc-7

vy 73 de Mike
oe3mzc at winlink.org