[OZAPRS] New to list

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Fri Aug 3 22:03:25 EST 2007

HI ALL;
glad to see some activity on 10MHz HF-APRS. I am currently travelling in
Namibia V51 and on APRS  using oe3mzc-15.
Let me make u aware that the main problem of HF-APRS is the small
tolerable
frequency offset with a normal tnc (MFJ-12xx) or soundcard.(30Hz) A mobile
station will not be able to tune to correct QRG and hold this for long in
the outback.
Therfore I recommend to use a DSp-TNC from SCS for HF-APRS-Gate. This DSP
TNC can tolerate 800Hz (!!) frequency offset on 300Baud FSK mode and even
supports new Robust Pcket mode (OFDM) with 500Hz tolerance, receiving
multiple stations simultaneously.
You can even download a MHeardList with frequency offset information for
last 25 stations received.
It will receive RobustPR even -10dB in noise.
It can be connected to UIView or other software via USB or via auxiliary
serial port (GPS-Port)
It is used by VK8ZAB-4 and VK6UZ-4 with excellent results.
I think special price applies for gateways?
vy 73 de Mike
V51/OE3MZC/m
ex VK3FPF