[OZAPRS] APRS Frequency Change... Final

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Sun Apr 29 20:37:41 EST 2007

Gday,

I pleased to announce that the Victorian Frequency Change Project is
complete!

The last 3 Digipeaters changed frequency over the weekend. The states APRS
RF Network is now fully operational on 145.175MHz, the National APRS
Frequency.

It's taken over 3 years from beginning the fund raising to the final
result.
Over that time we've leant a lot about VHF propagation and had some good
debates on how to best manage the National APRS RF Network we now have.

A number of people have been very supportive and assisted me in achieving
great result. It's taken a big effort to change the frequency of over 30
Digipeaters, Gates and IGates around the state.

To all of you who have assisted and supported this project I thank you
very
much for your time and effort.

Cheers

Richard