[OZAPRS] APRS Frequency Change... Final

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sun Apr 29 20:45:57 EST 2007

Well done !

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au [mailto:ozaprs-bounces at aprs.net.au]On
Behalf Of Richard Hoskin
Sent: Sunday, 29 April 2007 8:38 PM
To: 'VK / ZL APRS Users'
Subject: [OZAPRS] APRS Frequency Change... Final

Gday,

I pleased to announce that the Victorian Frequency Change Project is
complete!

The last 3 Digipeaters changed frequency over the weekend. The states APRS
RF Network is now fully operational on 145.175MHz, the National APRS
Frequency.

It's taken over 3 years from beginning the fund raising to the final
result.
Over that time we've leant a lot about VHF propagation and had some good
debates on how to best manage the National APRS RF Network we now have.

A number of people have been very supportive and assisted me in achieving
great result. It's taken a big effort to change the frequency of over 30
Digipeaters, Gates and IGates around the state.

To all of you who have assisted and supported this project I thank you
very
much for your time and effort.

Cheers

Richard