[OZAPRS] More QRM

Dion Bramich vk7ybi at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 14 14:20:36 EST 2006

> Dion,
> You aren't making many friends with your attitude.
> Your refusal to modify your beacon rate and the reasons why, and
> repeated complaints of QRM seem strange to me.

To use the attitude of others on this list "Its not broke, I wont fix
it".  I will consider changing it in the future, when the need arises, but

now there is no need.
QRM is QRM, noone likes putting up with it.  Why is that so strange?

> How many more users of the VK7 network do you think could use your
> beacon rate and still get reliable coverage?  One? Two? Ten? IMHO A high
> beacon rate with with more than ONE user just doesn't work. I'd like a
> technical explanation from you to show me how it would please?

When the primary focus on a network is to gate useless rubbish, then
something has to be sacrificed.  Here, our primary focus is on mobiles.
You wont get a technical explanation from me, without me first getting
some technical answers to the questions I've put to the forum, that have
been conveniently avoided.

> You state our inferior guidelines? Can you explain why you think that?

The path wont work.  A turn angle of 180 degrees?  That means I'd have to

go backwards to get a packet out, but backward operation seems to suit the

majority on here.  Whats the point of us all going out and spening money
on a TT3 or similar when we dont even use its most useful feature
properly?  A TT1 with switched power would do the same thing..  Isnt AR
supposed to be progressive, arent we supposed to promote experimentation?

> We are coming to an general agreement, of path guidelines for any *new*
> user in VK, that will work, with no ifs or buts,"straight out of the
> box".  The reason is so that new users have consistant guidelines
> throughout all of VK.
> I think that we have all agreed that some Zoning will take place on a
> local level to limit, but this only needs to take place after the new
> user is on air, in that region.
> So please, unless you don't think you live in Australia, take a look at
> the *big* picture, and not just your backyard.

Could I suggest you consider the big picture too, even the small one down

here, rather than the picture the has been cropped down to include
Victoria and South Australia.

Arent I pushing this new system?  Dont I want a national standard of
configuration and documentation that works?  I use this example of QRM in

attempt to make people realise that the national network will be better
with the new paradigm, more managable, more standard, more efficient, less

reliant on advanced knowledge of paths, I could go on..  The idea of using

an IGate to test the changes seems odd to me, as all the frames come from

the same place and go to the same place, shouldnt testing be done with
varying sources and destinations?  Its QRM and benefits noone!

Why my mobile beacon rate concerns others, when it has no direct impact on

them now or in the immediate future, seems strange to me.  What will it
take?  If I reconfigure my beacon rate to satisfy those concerned, will
they then do something positive in return?  I have my doubts.  Again to
use the attitude of some on here "You need to tell me how it will benefit

me, otherwise I wont do it"  No benefit no me, why should I do it?  This
is wrong, we are trying to work for the benefit of the network,
apparently.  There has been no indication in any message from any
Victorian that this is the case, nearly all messages are in argument of
anything new or better.  What gives?  Atleast my attitude makes people
think, I'm not here to make friends.

Dion.