[OZAPRS] N1VG baloon launch

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Nov 9 05:19:55 EST 2006

Weather permitting, this Saturday we'll be launching a balloon from

somewhere along CA highway 14 about 35 miles north of Mojave. It'll be on

144.39 and will have digipeating enabled - if you're in range, give it a
try

(via N1VG-11 or AIR1). We'll be launching at around 9:00, and the flight

should take around two hours. I've written up a brief web page for the

launch at http://n1vg.net/balloon.

We're going to be short on people, and I could really use someone to
monitor

the flight remotely and help with landing predictions, and possibly to act

as a backup to send cutdown commands if it gets away. Maybe we can get an

IGate configured to pass objects to make it easier to relay prediction

information. If you're interested in volunteering, let me know.

We could also use volunteers for tracking and recovery. If you're in the

area, feel free to join in. Current predictions put the landing site

somewhere near Baker.

Scott

N1VG

Andrew Rich