[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 9 20:42:42 EST 2006

Whats this idea I see of WIDE3-3 for home stations?? Currently we recomend
and use predominantly WIDE2-2 in Adelaide .. If we use WIDE3-3 then we
will
cross the border to Mildura and Ouyen .. Is there any need for this many
hops if all satations are within 2 hops of an Igate ?? WIDE3-3 will just
increase the amount of traffic in our situation and likely insure alot of
VK3 traffic right through to Pt Linclon instead of just the occasional bit
here and there..

Or are we going to recomend WIDE3-3 and then Trap the last hop in the
digis
which is one approach..

Ive seen this WIDE3-3 mentioned a couple of times now and thought it must
have been a typo at first ..

Also 50 stations within 50miles of Adelaide.. I concur with Terry.. We
must
be on a different map or planet to Bob .. Our Igate shows about 15 locals
presently which is about normal
http://121.44.67.103:14501/
There are 23 VK5s currently listed on my Client here some of which are via
the Igate and not on RF..

There are about 40 listed here but about 1/2 of them are over a day old
with
no recent posits.
http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?vk5*

50 Stations!! I gota to see that .. Talk about rush hour in Adelaide.. We
are just an oversized country town here and pleased to be that way..

Melbourne is the traffic worry on 2m APRS from what Ive experienced..

Tony  Hunt  VK5AH