[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 05:03:08 EST 2006

> I still see little value in setting mobile's default path to
> be "APRS v WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2".  Why not just use "APRS v
WIDE3-3"?

WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 is the *same* as the old RELAY,WIDE2-2.  But it
has the advantage of not having the dupe problem of the RELAY
path.  Also, the reason to use WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 is to that if you
are in the vicinity of any "fill-in" digis that support the
initial local WIDE1-1 hop, then you get out (just like
RELAY,WIDE2-2 instead of WIDE3-3)...

Bob