[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 05:00:53 EST 2006

> I've been using my own MFJ-1278 or  KPC-3  as a simple digi
> with an alias of "relay" for my own local situation
> which has no coverage from other dedicated APRS intelligent
repeaters.

> My mobile stations are set to a path of "relay, wide".
> It works.   It will also work for anyone else...

And so does WIDE1-1,WIDEn-N.

Any TNC can be a RELAY fill-in digi *and* any digi can be a
WIDE1-1 digi.  It is only an alias.  "WIDE1-1" is a one-for-one
replacement for "RELAY".  Nothing more, nothing less.  BUT it
has the advantage of NOT having the dupe problem of RELAY...

So just switch your home TNC to an ALIAS of "WIDE1-1" and switch
your mobile from RELAY,WIDE to WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 and it works
identically to what it does now.  But eliminates the RELAY dupe
problem...

Bob