[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 06:42:30 EST 2006

> Roaming mobiles would use WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 or whatever.
Mobiles not
> expecting to cross zone boundaries would use ZONE1-1,ZONE2-2
thus
> eliminating interzone QRM.

Again, 2 hops from any mobile is not going to hurt anyone, so
there is no reason to encourage (and confuse) people by
suggesting low values of ZONEn-N.  Besides even if someone lives
on the border, then still want to see and bee seen out 2 hops
usually.  Remember, the ZONEn-N system was only intended to
allow LARGE values of N to be used for OCCASSIONAL operation
into specific ZONE wide net, without causing the problems that
using that SAME large N would cause if that border station used
a large WIDEn-N.

Bob, WB4APR

> Dion.
>

> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:35:01 +1100, Richard Hoskin
> <vk3jfk at amsat.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Dion,
> >
> > If you where using any ZONEn-n / SSn-n path you would need
> to change it
> > when
> > you crossed Zone boundaries. This does not apply to the VK3
> Zone system
> > as
> > it is transparent to users.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Richard
> > VK3JFK

pathlimiting
> >> +confusion....
> >>
> >> On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:58:34 +1100, Andrew McDade
> >> <amcdade at iprimus.com.au>

> implementation of
> >> Zones

trying to
> suit the
> >> whole
> independent, and
> >> so
> it would be
> >> nice
> standard set of
> >>
> >> Nicer, eg, if someone down here could get on the boat,
> drive and be seen
> >> without the need for him to take all his documentation to
> learn how to
> >> reprogram, and his laptop to do the programming?

zoning