[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 06:45:53 EST 2006

> If you where using any ZONEn-n / SSn-n path you would need to
> change it when u crossed Zone boundaries.

There is little application for ZONEn-=N routing for mobiles,
since mobiles move.  The only use of ZONEn-N routing for a
mobile, might be for a widely traveling VIP Communications VIP
official who's responsibilities cover the entire ZONE.  In this
case, since he is so important, and his position needs to be
seen throught the zone by everyone else in the official ZONE
communications cadre, then he might use ZONE5-5 so that he can
be seen everyehwer in his official ZONE area, without QRMing
other zones when he is on the border.

But in general, most mobiles are not these VIP's that need to
flood their ZONE with all of their mobile packets.

The typical mobiel would use a 3 hop WIDEn-N path or 2 hops if
there are more than 50 or so users in the area...

Bob, WB4APR

 to the VK3
> Zone system as
> it is transparent to users.
>
> Cheers
> Richard
> VK3JFK

pathlimiting
> > +confusion....
> >
> > On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 16:58:34 +1100, Andrew McDade
> <amcdade at iprimus.com.au>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Gday Richard and all,

> implementation of
> > Zones
> > >
> > > Noting your comment above. I think that we should be
trying to