[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 05:14:04 EST 2006

> > The idea of using ZONE1-1, ZONE2-2 for as well as
> > WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 just creates more confusion and
> > complexity for the users.

Exactly.  For user deducation there is only ONE PATH to
remember... That is "WIDEn-N using a small value of N".  That is
ALL THERE IS TO IT.

But for those people who can understand packet and paths, then
there are som optimization that those more educated users can
use.  That is, use WIDE1-1,WIDEn-N if you are a mobile and want
to be picked up by FILL-IN digis.  (WIDE1-1, replaces all old
RELAY only digis)...

Now then only those people that "understand" their ZONE's
special ZONE-WIDE communications needs duing drills or special
events, then hhopefully, they can understand enough about packet
to use the path ZONEn-N for that application.  Now then,
finally, if they can understand that so far, then there is one
more oprtimization that can be applies, and that is to use
ZONE1-1,ZONEn-N if they want their path to ARRIVE everhwere with
the first and last digipeater identified.

If they don't want to understand these additional nuances, then
for them, there is only one path that will always work
everywhere.... "WIDEn-N with a small value of N"

But at least we have eliminated, RELAY and WIDE and TREACE, and
TRACEn-n and SS

Bob Bruninga, WB4APR