[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Nov 8 07:50:16 EST 2006

> Some of our states are
> 'bigger that Texas!' and I just couldn't see how a state based
pathing
> system would work efficiently.

It wouldn't unless you have colunteer communicaions exerciese or
other real-world temporary immediate needs to send out APRS
message or posit to be seen by everyone within such a "state"
because that is how the "state's" comms organization is
organized.  If so, then having a SSn-N path to solve that short
term (non routine need) is exactly what HAM radio is about.

> Zoning would make more sense. We use a different
> implementation of Zones in
> VK3 already.

In this case, you don't need SSn-N routing, because the areas
are small enough so that WIDE3-3 for example may already cover
it...

Just a perspective.

> Cheers
> Richard
> VK3JFK

pathlimiting
> > +confusion....
> >
> > Gday all,
> >
> > I think Bob summed it up here
> >
> > >The SSn-N is for organizing APRS
> > >communications networks around specific organized
communication