[OZAPRS] European v USnewparadigmand pathlimiting +confusion....

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Tue Nov 7 13:57:34 EST 2006

Gday Andrew,

I think you're on the right path.

>From Bob's previous email it appears that I have taken the SSn-n to
literally mean states of Australia when it doesn't. Some of our states are
'bigger that Texas!' and I just couldn't see how a state based pathing
system would work efficiently.

Zoning would make more sense. We use a different implementation of Zones
in
VK3 already.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK

Gambier,
> and so on. In Tasmania for example , instead of using TASn-n , perhaps
we
> should use HOBAn-n or NTASn-n or STASn-n, If this zone covers the whole
of
> a state then well be it. This will at least then head towards developing
> some sort of commonality between all states.
>
> And to summarize Dion ...
>
> This is the most important point !!
>  >think its these differences that need to be sorted, like the confused
> >operator in the next message asks, which path will work?  If we could
all
> >settle on one configuration, this confusion would be eliminated.
Mobiles