[OZAPRS] OT: More Linux problems with gPredict

Norm, VK2XCI vk2xci at aanet.com.au
Fri May 26 15:02:07 EST 2006

Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 08:47:33AM +1000, Norm, VK2XCI wrote:
>> For the moment I have a problem with gPredict 0.4.0, which is a Gnome
>> iteration of John Magliacane's "Predict"
>>
>> Ubuntu 5.10
>> Gnome 2.6
>>
>> It starts then crashes with...
>> "Application gpredict (process #####)has crashed due to a fatal error.
>> (Segmentation fault)"
>
> See if you have gconfd-1 running. It is needed by gpredict.
When Predict tries to start and gives error...
gconfd-2 running under user vk2xci, PID 6944, Priority 16
gpredict, user vk2xci, PID 7239, Priority 18
gnome_segv, user vk2xci, PID 7242, Priority 16.

After dismiss the error and gpredict closes
gconfd-2 running under user vk2xci, PID 6944, Priority 16

hmmm I thought at one stage I saw two instances of gnonfd-2 running?

--
Norm, VK2XCI,
Mildura, The Wintersun City

Victoria, Australia.