[OZAPRS] OT: More Linux problems with gPredict

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri May 26 09:57:46 EST 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 08:47:33AM +1000, Norm, VK2XCI wrote:
> For the moment I have a problem with gPredict 0.4.0, which is a Gnome
> iteration of John Magliacane's "Predict"
>
> Ubuntu 5.10
> Gnome 2.6
>
> It starts then crashes with...
> "Application gpredict (process #####)has crashed due to a fatal error.
> (Segmentation fault)"

See if you have gconfd-1 running. It is needed by gpredict.

I'm responsible for the gpredict package in Debian on which the Ubuntu
package would be based. And gMFSK too. Same blame me if things go wrong
:)

> Is there a Ham Radio Linux list so I can keep OT off this list, although

> I do think some of it is useful for others trying to get Linux up.

Yes linux-hams at vger.kernel.org. Also debian-hams at lists.debian.org may be
of interest.

Hamish