[OZAPRS] APRS coverag in WA- 4WD Outback?

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Fri May 26 17:16:50 EST 2006

Hello guys,

I read about OZ-APRS gateway service on 10 MHZ.
Since I plan to travel from Perth to Darwin and Alice Springs and Sydney
from July, August, September this year, I would like to ask you about
further details of OZ-APRS HF gates and vhf/hf-aprs in VK in general.

Frequency: would it be correct to tune to 10.151 LSB with my TinyTrak3 and

FT100 +ATAS120 ?

What coverage could I expect on the trip from PERTH to Darwin and Alice
Springs?

Would you recommend other QRGs also? on 14MHz or 7 MHz?

What would be the coverage on VHF? is 145.150 correct?

Thank you fro your anwsers
vy 73 de Mike Zwingl
OE3MZC
President