[OZAPRS] New-N Paradigm testing Hobart Area

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Tue May 9 19:26:25 EST 2006

Hi Scott,

It's great that you're taking some proactive actions before we all jump on
to the one channel.

The New-N Paradigm will help block operators with excessive paths like
Wide1-1,Wide3-3 Relay,Wide3-3 etc. This will be great as 90% of the
Nation's
APRS stations only require a maximum of 3 hops (digi's) to get to an
IGate.
However, we will not see as much improvement with the New-N Paradigm as
the
US did as 99% our digi's do Duplication Detection of Relay & Wide. In the
US
this was not the case.

Do you think it will be possible to convert all of VK7 to the New-N
Paradigm?

I have been monitoring APRS from VK7 and have found we get traffic from
VK7RAE and VK7RAA when we have improved VHF conditions. You will probably
get traffic from VK3 as well.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK

I'm
> only supporting the above format for the moment I still have alias of
> VK7HSE, VK7HSE-1 & VK7HSE-2 for those that want to use a fixed path as
> these
> are current SSID's that I use here at home! I'm currently running a 9
> second
> dup check within ui-view.
>

> I don't foresee that Hobart's RF network is ever going to reach
saturation
> however I think that the future coexistence on 145.175MHz when
Victoria's