[OZAPRS] New-N Paradigm testing Hobart Area

Scott Evans clareandscott at bigpond.com
Sun May 7 19:39:27 EST 2006

Hello to all on the group.

Currently testing the following New-N Paradigm settings in the Hobart
area.

UIFLOOD setting (ui-view digi) TAS this replaces default WIDE so any
setting
addressed say to TASx-x ect will stay within the state of Tasmania!
(theoretically)

UITRACE setting (ui-view digi) WIDE this replaces the default TRACE makes
any widen-N paths traceable

Suggested beacon settings (not mandatory!)

Fixed station:               WIDE2-2  or WIDE3-3 for outer stations

Mobile stations:           WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

On my digi I have removed the following alias RELAY, WIDE & TRACE and I'm
only supporting the above format for the moment I still have alias of
VK7HSE, VK7HSE-1 & VK7HSE-2 for those that want to use a fixed path as
these
are current SSID's that I use here at home! I'm currently running a 9
second
dup check within ui-view.

I don't foresee that Hobart's RF network is ever going to reach saturation
however I think that the future coexistence on 145.175MHz when Victoria's
APRS network migrates to the national frequency I'm sure that there will
be
QRM from both sides of Bass straight!

For those who would like a little more info about the New-N Paradigm
please
check Bob's WB4APR website on

http://eng.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html

you will find all the details there.