[OZAPRS] FAA reinvents APRS (I'm a little lost)

William Stubbings bluza at bigpond.net.au
Sun May 7 13:08:50 EST 2006

 Acars on vhf have being sending lat an long  as long or even longer than
APRS
HF Acars have being doing it for 5 years or longer
Satcom is another way for postion reports ect

Brisbane have being testing for the last 2 years on ADS B
decoder boxs from http://www.kinetic-avionic.co.uk are around 500 pounds
which is around $1500.00 which will do the same thing.
 The reason for the new system is to replace the old Radar system we now
have.

Will de VK7HIL
ymhbacars.no-ip.info    Acars Server for Tasmania