[OZAPRS] Igates etc.

Horst Leykam hhl at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jul 13 12:58:28 EST 2006

Hi,

Point taken, Norm. A better way would be to lobby for all classes of
licence
to have access to 30m.
I also don't quite see the point of those restrictions. 20m used to be the
sacred cow that only those "who dun it" could access.
As for trying different bands, it's been done and in my opinion, 30m is
still the best and until it gets real busy, there is no point in
fragmenting. I would imagine the current gateway operators would be loath
add, say 40 or 80m gateways, as it would tie up more radios and antennas.
As
such it would just create uncertainty as to where one should beacon. My
experience gained during extensive outback touring is that 30m is very
reliable indeed, anywhere I have travelled. (I have not been far west of
Alice Springs, so I don't know what the coverage is like there)

Cheers
Horst, VK2HL

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
have
received it in error, please notify the sender immediately via return
e-mail
and then delete the original e-mail. Horst Leykam has collected your
business contact details for dealing with you in your business capacity.
More information about how we handle your personal information, including
your right of access is contained at WWW.ASIO.GOV.AU.