[OZAPRS] VK HF Gates

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Thu Jul 13 21:14:18 EST 2006

Hi Noel,

Thanks for the interesting observations from across the ditch.

Looks like 30mtr HF APRS is working well for ZL.

There are no VK6 30mtr HF APRS station operating at present. I'm sure you
will see it if a station does start up out west.

It confirms that shorter packets take the cake for better reliability when
it comes to getting through on HF.

I've seen the occasional HF USA or European APRS station pop out on VHF
here
but looks like you've received quite a few. It's good sign that we are
sharing the channel with the rest of the world.

Cheers
Richard.
VK3JFK