[OZAPRS] 30m gateways

Norm, VK2XCI vk2xci at aanet.com.au
Thu Jul 13 10:46:50 EST 2006

Horst, I disagree.
Ham radio is supposed to be about experimenting and self education.

There is no reason at all why "they" should not set up a network on 20m,
40m or even 80m and participate fully.

Warning, Off Topic Rant Follows!!

IMHO, I personally think they (ACMA/WIA) got the licence structure wrong
and there is still an element of "band elitism". I can't for the life of
me see why "Standard" class can't have the full HF/VHF/UHF spectrum,
with limitations imposed on the basis of safety, technical and operating
ability, rather than some arbitrary decision making process!

The conception that "they" should all aspire to an "Advanced" licence
and that "we" should cajole and harass them until they do is similarly
flawed.

My 2/- worth

--
Norm, VK2XCI,